Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kuwait

So, Bobby, Adele and I will be off to Kuwait next week. Until I met Bob, I thought I was well-traveled! Apparently Europe is not all that special anymore :-)

This will be my first trip to the Middle East and I know it will be such a learning experience. I know I can read all I want to, but the culture differences will be tangible. I just have to stay open and take it slow so I'm not accidentally offensive.

We'll be staying with his sister's family - and his parents will be there from India, too. We'll have a full house. I'm excited to get to know everyone better, and to meet the rest of the family.

His sister runs a school so hopefully I'll have some time to observe classes and see how schools run over there. I am sure there's some kind of research project I could come up with but luckily I'm not in grad school anymore so don't have to worry about that!

I am not sure if I'll be posting here or on facebook, but thought I'd start this blog just in case it's needed. I'll be checking my gmail account at least twice a week, so feel free to drop me a note.

Love to all,
b


No comments:

Post a Comment