Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Mubarakiya - This place has everything from duct tape to dill!

Mummy helpfully posing so I can take a picture of the outside without attracting too much attention. There are many small restaurants around the square with all their seating outside - I wonder what it's like in the summertime when temps hit 55 degrees c. (that's around 130 f.)


A main hallway


We bought some nice things from this lady - and she charged us less because we weren't locals - sometimes it's a good thing to be from out of town.


Outside - an old street

That front one is full of dill. This man was nice enough to let me take this photo, but I think was a little surprised he was in it!

Many restaurants have tables outside and this houka service will deliver to your table. They were kind enough to allow me to take this photo.

Liberation Tower commemorates when Kuwait was rescued from Sadam by the coalition forces.


So you may have noticed, I really like this place. It's got everything, including the very best people watching outside the mall (Kuwaitis LOVE the mall - I'll share some pics of that soon!)

3 comments:

  1. I am here and enjoying seeing what you all are up to and exploring. Much Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking too, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's nice to know you're out there :-)

    ReplyDelete